I finished my PhD thesis at the Chair for Computer Aided Architectural Design (CAAD), ETH Zurich by the end of April 2015. Here, you can take a look at my final PhD presentation. link
From November 2011 I have been working as a researcher in Singapore-ETH lab, Future Cities Laboratory.
Previously, I received my B.S and M.S degrees in industrial and systems engineering from Isfahan University of Technology and Tehran Polytechnic respectively.
From May 2015, I am back in Zurich, working as a post-doc researcher.
In general, I am fan of data driven modeling, but the main question is that what are the appropriate (new) methods for dealing with this new forms of data (usually unstructured and Big). In this regard, I am interested in the following research directions:
- Representation and Encoding in the context of system modeling.
- Unsupervised learning and specially Self Organizing Maps for dimensionality reduction and multivariate probability estimations.
- Invariances in random processes and Markov Chains
- Function approximation and manifold learning methods
Further, as I am originally a systems engineer I have been always dreaming about finding unity through diversity of different application domains. Therefore, I have been always eager to be engaged in as diverse as possible fields of applied problems. So far I have experienced several specific problems in the following domains:
- Spatio-Temporal Modeling:
- urban traffic modeling
- urban air pollution estimation
- real estate market dynamics
- urban economy and business activity level estimation
- energy networks
- water flow simulation and urban flood risk models
- Applied Natural Language Modeling:
- Training financial time series models along with the news time series
- Developing smart personalized news papers using news API data streams
- Networked based economics and systemic risk
- Financial time series forecasting