- Vahid Moosavi, City as text: Extending successful ideas in computational natural language modeling to urban studies (In preparation)
- Lukas Fuhrimann, Vahid Moosavi, Patrick Ole Ohlbrock and Pierluigi D’Acunto, Data-Driven Design: Exploring new Structural Forms, Annual Symposium of the IASS – International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures, MIT, 2018 (Submitted)
- Pierluigi D’Acunto, Vahid Moosavi, Patrick Ole Ohlbrock and Jean-Philippe Jasienski, Transformation of vector-based 3D Force Diagrams using Machine Learning, Annual Symposium of the IASS – International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures, MIT, 2018 (Submitted)
- Vahid Moosavi, Urban morphology meets deep learning: Exploring urban forms in one million cities, town and villages across the planet, (under second revision at Environment and Planning B: Urban Analytics and City Science), https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.02939.
- Vahid Moosavi, Giulio Isacchini “A Markovian Model of the Evolving World Input-Output Network.” PLOS ONE, 2017, (link).
- Hosking, J. Scott, Ryan Fogt, Elizabeth R. Thomas, Vahid Moosavi, Tony Phillips, Jack Coggins, and David Reusch. “Accumulation in coastal West Antarctic ice core records and the role of cyclone activity.” Geophysical Research Letters 44, no. 17 (2017): 9084-9092.
- Vahid, Moosavi, Urban Morphology Meets Big Data And Representation Learning, https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.02939
- Vahid Moosavi, Urban Data Streams and Machine Learning: A Case of Swiss Real Estate Market. arXiv preprint arXiv:1704.04979 (2017).
- Diana Alvarez-Marin, Vahid Moosavi, Inverting Normative City Theories and Computational Urban Models: Towards a Coexistence With Urban Data Streams, (Under review at the journal of City)
- Vahid Moosavi, Contextual Mapping: Visualization of High Dimensional Spatial Patterns in a Single Geo-Map, (Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 61 (2017) 1–12). (link)
- Vahid Moosavi, Pre-Specific Modeling. Diss. Diss., Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule ETH Zürich, Nr. 22683, 2015. (link)
- (Edited Book) Ludger Hovestadt, Vera Buhlman, Vahid Moosavi, “Coding as Literacy: Self Organizing Maps”, Applied Virtuality Series, Birkhäuser: Vienna, 2015. (link)
- Vahid Moosavi, Gideon Aschwanden and Erik Velasco,” Finding candidate locations for aerosol pollution monitoring at street level using a data-driven methodology”, the journal of Atmospheric Measurement Techniques 8, 3563-3575, 2015. (link) and (link to poster)
- Vahid Moosavi, “Computational Urban Modeling: From Mainframes to Data Streams”, presented at AI for Cities Workshop in AAAI conference, Austin Texas 2015.
- Vahid, Moosavi, “Grand Technologies for Grand Energy Challenges: A Futuristic Scenario for Solar Energy in the Age of Information” (working paper) (link)
- Vahid, Moosavi, Computing With Contextual Numbers. arXiv preprint arXiv:1408.0889. (2014). (link)
- Vahid, Moosavi, “Beyond Rational Modeling”, 22nd Biennial European Meeting on Cybernetics and Systems Research, Vienna, 2014. (link)
- Vahid, Moosavi and Ludger Hovestadt. “Modeling urban traffic dynamics in coexistence with urban data streams.” Proceedings of the 2nd ACM SIGKDD International Workshop on Urban Computing. ACM, 2013. (link)
- Mathias Standfest and Vahid Moosavi, “Pre-Specific Modeling: Fuzzy Modeling and SOM”, Design Modeling Symposium, Berlin, Germany, 2013
- Vahid, Moosavi and Stephen Cairns, “Mapping Thematic Research Interests at Future Cities Laboratory (FCL), Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC): Self-Organizing Maps (SOMs)” (working paper) (link)
- Vahid Moosavi and Rongjun Qin, A New Automated Hierarchical Clustering Algorithm Based On Emergent Self Organizing Maps (ESOMs). iV2012- 16th International Conference Information Visualisation, LIRMM CNRS Univ. Montpellier II ,Montpellier, France, 10-13 July 2012. (link)
- Abbas Seifi, Vahid Moosavi & Ehsan Ardestani : A Conceptual Framework for Evaluating New Business Opportunities for Corporate Diversification, Journal of Enterprise Transformation, 2:2, 105-129, 2012. (link)
- Mohammad Hossein Fazel Zarandi, Vahid Moosavi and Marzieh Zarinbal, ”A fuzzy reinforcement learning algorithm for inventory control in supply chains” , “The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology”, Vol.- , NO.0 , PP.0 _ 0 , 21 April 2012 (link)
- Mohamad Saraee, Vahid Moosavi and Shabnam Rezapour, “Application Of Self Organizing Map (SOM) To Model A Machining Process”, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, Vol. 22 Iss: 6, pp.818 – 830, 2011. (link)
- Vahid Moosavi and Mahdi. Noorizadegan, Export Clusters in: Supply Chain And Logistics In International, National And Governmental Environments, Reza Zanjirani Farahani, Nasrin Asgari and Hoda Davarzani (Eds.), Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg 2009. link
- Morteza Zamanian, Vahid Moosavi and K. Kianfar, Multi Objective Facility Location, in: Facility location, R. Zanjirani Farahani (Ed.), AUT press, Tehran, Iran, winter 2007 (Persian)
- Vahid Moosavi, Enayatallah Moallemi, Abbas Seifi (2010) “Toward an alignment model between process maturity and business process management in the enterprise”, submitted to first international conference on business process management, Iran, Tehran, Spring 2010 (in Persian).
- Vahid Moosavi, Reza Jazemi and Abbas Seifi. (2010). “BPR in the physical resource management department of health ministry of Iran”, submitted to first international conference on business process management, Iran, Tehran, Spring 2010 (in Persian).
Some of My Presentations
- Machine Intelligence Summit, Amsterdam, June 2017
- TU Vienna, March 2017
- PyData Zurich February 2017
- Pre-Specific Modeling – Computational Machines in Coexistence with Urban Data Streams, PhD Thesis Presentation at ETH Zurich 2015.
- Big Data and Urban Modeling Applications, SAP Singapore 2013
- Data Driven Modeling Beyond Idealization, Presented at METALITHICUM COLLOQUY #5 CODING AS LITERACY: SELF ORGANIZING MAPS
- Modeling in Coexistence with Data: Toward a Generic Notion of Space
Presented at Future Cities Lab, ETH- Singapore Centre.
Transition workshop 20150408
- Finding Candidate Locations for Aerosol Pollution Monitoring at Street Level Using a Data-Driven Methodology
Presented at MIT CENSAM Workshop on June 2014 as a part of collaborative project between ETH and MIT in Singapore: Air pollution at street level, Related publication
- Markovian Modeling of Urban Traffic Flows in Coexistence With Urban Data Streams, Related Publication
- Toward of a Theory of Modeling
- Toward of a Theory of Modeling
- System identification and Surrogate Modeling